At Dishcraft Robotics, our mission is to revolutionize commercial kitchens using robotics and improved processes to create better workplaces for humans. We are a venture-backed Bay Area startup combining robotics, computer vision, machine learning, and innovative mechanical design to create the kitchen of the future. Come join our talented team of technologists and business people as we create advanced machines in an industry that touches everyone.
We’re looking for a highly-motivated service technician to help bring our robots to life and to help us set a new bar for customer delight. If you are handy, mechanically oriented, are fascinated by technology, care a lot about people, and are pursuing a career in technical customer support, you might be the perfect fit for this role.
About the Role
- Support assembly and installation of robots
- Operate and test newly built robots
- Submit bug reports and assist engineers in identifying fixes
- Conduct robot preventative maintenance on-site at customer
- Conduct robot repairs on-site at customer
- Help ensure a clean, safe, and productive work environment
- Provide feedback for improving procedures for robot operation
- Note: This job will involve significant travel and work at customer sites.
- ‘Can do’ attitude; reliable; proactive; detail-oriented; quick learner
- Experience repairing machinery; ability to troubleshoot and assemble mechanical systems
- Ability to read circuit diagrams, use electrical instruments such as volt meters, and use computer diagnostics equipment to troubleshoot robot problems
- A "customer service manner" that puts customers at ease and gives them confidence that they are being taken care of
- Ability to raise 50 lbs objects and sometimes work 12 hours shift
- Desire to pursue a career in technical service and support
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Computer literacy with proficiency utilizing MS Office suite
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus
Dishcraft Robotics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.