At Dishcraft Robotics, our mission is to build things that matter. We are a venture-backed Bay Area start-up that is revolutionizing robotics, computer vision, machine learning, and innovative mechanical design. Come join our talented team of technologists and business people as we create advanced machines in an industry that touches everyone.
At Dishcraft Robotics, first and foremost, we value people, intellectual engagement, and transparent communication. We are looking for a highly motivated, intellectually curious and passionate Mechanical Engineer to design a multi-stage robotic system for use in commercial kitchens. The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the mechanical system architecture and the detailed design of mechanical subsystems. This position requires a flexible designer who is willing to work closely with our product manager and customers to fully understand their problems, and then creatively apply a broad range of technologies to solve them in the most robust way. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in mechanism design and has a passion for starting from concept ideation and taking the design all the way through to production.
About The Role
- Perform mechanical design and development of a multi-stage robotic system
- Brainstorm system designs, recommend design solutions, complete their detailed design, prototype, and test
- Manage large CAD assemblies across multiple designers, consultants, and external vendors
- Specify motion control components such as motors, encoders, linear actuators, hydraulics, pneumatics, and other sensors
- Perform mechanical analysis such as plotting kinematic paths, calculating static and dynamic forces, and calculating tolerance stack-ups
- Work with external vendors to get parts fabricated and assembled
- Stay on top of technology advances in the field of robotics by attending seminars, joining external organizations, and going to trade shows.
- This position requires close collaboration with other mechanical engineers, product managers, test engineers, software engineers, vendors, design consultants, and robots.
- BS or MS in mechanical engineering
- 2+ years of experience in mechanical design
- experience with mechanism design having dynamic loads - linkages, bearings, gear trains, and conveyors.
- Experience specifying motion control components such as motors, encoders, linear actuators, hydraulics, pneumatics, and other sensors