Swift Navigation, Inc. was founded in 2012 to make GPS positioning technology more accurate and affordable. Its GPS and GNSS positioning products are available a fraction of the price of the competition and deliver 100 times better accuracy than the GPS in a cell phone. Swift Navigation’s technology benefits a multitude of industries and applications—including autonomous vehicles, drones, precision agriculture, robotics, surveying and space. With its innovation and technology honored by Inc.’s 2016 and Forbes 2017 30 Under 30 lists, Swift Navigation is enabling a world where fields farm themselves, drones fly safely and autonomous transportation can take you home. Swift Navigation provides an end-to-end GNSS solution with a line of Piksi® Multi and Duro® receivers and Skylark™ Cloud Corrections Service. Learn more online at swiftnav.com.
Swift is seeking an outstanding Technical Program Manager, who is excited to contribute your hands-on project management skills, deep technical expertise, and excellent leadership skills.
You will be responsible for working with business and engineering teams to turn product vision into tangible tasks that result in real products. Together, we'll create products that make high accuracy positioning ubiquitous and easy to use across a wide variety of industries and applications in unmanned aerial vehicles, robotics, and autonomous transportation.
Candidates should have skills and experience with:
- Program Navigation - Familiar with philosophies, concepts and models navigating technical engineering programs. Has experience creating process from scratch as well as running / adapting existing hardware (H/W) and software (S/W) programs.
- Technical Engineering Experience - Have worked directly with engineering teams on roadmaps, estimation and planning in a consistent, organized and disciplined manner. Understands stages of development, where to develop and understanding of integration points for HW / SW. Able to lead across-functions and anticipate impacts to other areas such as marketing, sales, operations, etc
- Issue resolution - Keen knack for problem solving cross functional dependencies, resourcing, person conflicts, technical barriers, time restraints, and risk assessments.
- Communication - Excellent communication in all forms
- Leadership - Inspires teams, diagnose and help teams work through issues to optimize full potential
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of:
- GPS and/or GNSS work experience or familiarity with Swift’s core competencies
- Instrument Design or Testing in H/W or S/W i.e. agile software development, embedded technologies, and basic circuitry
- Project scheduling, budgeting, road mapping, proposals
- Programming languages such as Python, Java, C++, Matlab are helpful but not required
- Flexible vacation, competitive salary, employer covered health insurance, 401(k).
- Fully stocked kitchen, weekly catered lunches and tech-talks, free gym membership.
- Dynamic engineering role -- technological innovation is at the core of our business.
- Growth and learning opportunities from a startup environment include working closely with an international team of scientists, engineers, platform architects, programmers and professionals.