Spire Product Engineering develops products that provide company and government customers a uniquely precise understanding of what’s happening in the world in areas like weather, air traffic, shipping, and more. The insights are produced by combining the firehose of sensor data produced by 50+ Spire satellites with external data sources, processing the data using statistical and machine learning pipelines, and packaging the data for external consumption using our APIs.
As a software engineer in data engineering, you’ll be building out these pipelines.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Build and maintain systems that process huge volumes of data from different sources into a single, cohesive data warehouse.
- Help our business and engineering teams access the data they need build products; provide data access abstractions for data scientists and statisticians.
- Detect and fix data quality issues. Make sure that our other teams can rely on us.
- Design and implement backend systems for statistical and machine learning.
- Handle ingestion and processing of sensor data
- Design, build and iterate on infrastructure for data science use cases: frameworks, RDBMS and distributed SQL systems
Qualifications / Experience:
- A solid engineering foundation and an interest in data
- Ability to design and implement software for data scientists and SWEs
- Strong written and verbal communications
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience working with databases and processing tools like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka
- Experience with geospatial data engineering