At Elroy Air, we are building autonomous cargo aircraft that will change the way the world moves goods. Transporting cargo by air can be much faster than by land or sea - but before recent developments in perception, autonomy, electric powertrain and aerospace materials, air transport has remained too expensive. We’re going to change that. And we’re solving a big problem - the express logistics industry worldwide spends $139B annually.
The Elroy team has a proven track record in UAVs and drones, with veterans from 3D Robotics, Airware and Honeywell forming the founding and early team. We’ve started (and sold) hardware companies before. We are engineers, designers and product people who love creating robust, easy-to-use technology that solves big real-world problems.
This isn’t our first rodeo, but there’s a lot of exciting work ahead. You will play a critical part in determining and developing the Elroy system.
Our future partners and customers are responding enthusiastically. As we prepare to pilot our vehicles with customers, we are looking for people like you: motivated teammates excited by this mission and by the rare opportunity to develop a world-class autonomous air transport system.
There are a lot of jobs out there that you could easily get, we know that. But - speaking without humility for a second - few of those will be nearly as exciting as this. Come join us!
This is a full-time position at our headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
What You’ll Own
* Own the design & development of Elroy Air's avionics platform (hardware & software).
* Define strategy and roadmap for avionics safety & redundancy.
* Define and manage Elroy's software development, test, and release workflows.
* Integrate control loops, motor controllers, actuators, cameras, radar and monitoring sensors into the flight software suite.
Our Ideal Candidate Has
* 10+ years of professional embedded software engineering experience
* Strong C/C++ and microcontroller peripheral + I/O chops
* RTOS experience
* Experience with timing/safety-critical systems such as autonomous vehicles or UAVs
* Good familiarity with hardware and sensors, able to debug hardware+software systems independently
* Effective working with a team, solid communication skills
* BS or MS in computer science or equivalent experience
Bonus Points For
* Background in commercial or military UAV systems
* Experience developing software for control systems, especially flight controls
* MISRA compliance, and/or software development for high-integrity systems
* DO-178 or ISO26262 experience
* Low-level brushless motor control experience
* Linux device driver experience
* Python programming experience
What’s In It For You
* We care about doing things right, and we’ll trust you to do the same
* We’ll expect you to learn and use new knowledge and techniques that expand beyond what you’ve done before - you’ll be advancing the state of the art
* You’ll be working on something awesome! What we’re building wouldn’t have even been possible a few years ago, and it will change an entire industry
* We'll pay you a competitive salary plus equity, along with medical and dental benefits and a vacation policy that's on the honor system