We believe the internet has changed because of the proliferation of cloud services that commoditize personal data. Companies masquerade "free" services in exchange for something quite valuable: collecting and storing user data like emails, contacts, purchases, travel and browsing history.
At Privacy Labs, we are building a different future. We are on the verge of a new computing revolution - one that puts the user and their data first by decentralizing the net.
We are looking for an iOS engineer who wants to make an impact in consumer privacy and security by bringing passion for the problem and expertise to the team. As a key partner in our endeavor, you will be someone with an owner's mindset; someone looking to take on everything from owning a specific feature to looking for creative ways to improve the product as a whole. This role reports directly to the CTO.
While we aren't publicly disclosing details right now, we can say that it's strategically central to the company and is going to change how we think about where we store our data and how we access it.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Architect, design, and develop mobile applications for iOS
- Implement automated unit and functional tests
- Conduct root cause analysis and resolution of customer support issues
- Implement build and release procedure for mobile apps
- Stay up to date on industry trends and bring new ideas
- Participate in ideating and planning the upcoming features the team will focus on
- Participate in regular engineering stand ups and participate in the planning of sprints
- Work closely with the CEO, CTO and Head of Design to ensure that our work delivers the best experience for our customers
- Generous employee stock options
- Employee health, vision and dental insurance
- Flexible work hours
Who Should Apply
You like to tinker and may have dabbled in prototyping (e.g.: Raspberry Pi, Arduino, Lego Mindstorms EV3) or using IFTTT with your smart devices at home
We are located in the heart of downtown Bellevue, with easy access to public transportation.
Privacy Labs was founded by seasoned entrepreneurs with a successful track record and decades of experience shipping products to hundreds of millions of users. We are well funded by great early stage investors that have backed companies like Instacart, Coinbase, Flexport, Redfin, Square, eero, and AirBnb.
Our purpose is to help people be free, private and secure online; to empower people to be their true authentic selves online. We equip people with the tools they need to take control of their own data.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.