At Dishcraft Robotics, our mission is to build things that matter. We are a venture-backed Bay Area start-up that is revolutionizing robotics in commercial kitchens using computer vision, machine learning, and innovative mechanical design. Come join our talented team of technologists and business people as we create advanced machines in an industry that touches everyone.
First and foremost, we value people, intellectual engagement, and transparent communication. We are looking for a highly motivated, intellectually curious and passionate Product Management Intern focused on user experience testing. As a Product Management Intern at Dishcraft Robotics, you will be responsible for working with the product and engineering team to drive user experience testing. In this role, you will collaborate closely with customers, designers, engineers, and other cross-functional team members within the organization to ensure that our robots amaze and delight our customers.
About The Role
- Management and successful execution of user testing with a focus on physical product ergonomics and human factors at the system, subsystem and feature levels through development lifecycles to inform product decisions.
- Management, communication, and documentation of testing objectives, process, and results.
- Data collection, research, and documentation required to obtain actionable insights.
- Creation and maintenance of user personas and user workflows
- Conduct task analysis and process modeling
- Close collaboration with the product and engineering teams on prioritization of UX studies.
- BS degree and MS degree (or current pursuit of MS degree) in Human Factors & Engineering Psychology, Product Design, Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Completion of cognitive engineering, human-machine systems design, user-centered design, design thinking and rapid prototyping coursework
- Detail and process oriented
- Clear and effective communication (verbal, written) skills
- Ability to analyze research for key needs, pain points, and preferences, and synthesize such qualitative and quantitative information for presentation to key stakeholders
- Hands-on, proactive learner; Continually able to learn from experience and eager for feedback
- Passion for user-centered design, and superior creativity and adaptability
- Preferred qualifications:
- Experience drafting protocols and running user studies
- Completion of human factors and ergonomics coursework
- Available 1+ days a week during spring quarter/semester and full time for a minimum of 10 weeks during summer; potential for part-time after internship
Dishcraft Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law.