At Spire, you’ll have the chance to work with unique solutions that only a few companies in the world can provide. Our growing satellite and ground-station network powers a range of impactful applications including weather forecasting and real-time global ship monitoring and aircraft tracking. Spire gives you the opportunity to work on exciting technical challenges as part of a team of collaborative engineers who are changing the world with data from nanosatellites. We promise you this: you’ll never be bored at Spire.
You will join a team responsible for the sale and support of these product lines to the US Federal Government. If this sounds like your cup of tea, we’d love to hear from you!
Responsibilities of your role:
- Working as part of a small team to prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to prospective customers
- Confer with customers and engineers to assess requirements and needs to determine the best Spire solution required.
- Work closely with sales team to understand customer environment and provide sale support
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements. Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests
- Working closely with Product Management to define and enhance customer-facing products and applications
- Helping to lead the design, implementation, and deployment of new applications and features
Qualifications / Experience:
- Have 10+ years of experience in sales engineering roles supporting the US Federal Government
- Strong interpersonal skills are a valuable characteristic for sales engineers, both for building relationships with clients and effectively communicating with other members of the sales team
- Must be able to listen to the customer’s desires and concerns, and then recommend solutions, possibly including customizing a product
- Must be confident and persuasive when making sales presentations
- Enjoy working as part of a team, but can also take on and complete tasks on your own
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Understand the basics of CubeSat architecture and the technology
- Understand data services that enable data access on demand to users regardless of their geographic location.
- Working with relational and nonrelational database theory and practice e.g. PostgresSQL, Redis, ORMs, consistent hashing
- Familiarity with tools and techniques in distributed systems and handling large volumes of streaming data: queues, RPCs, serialization, versioning, eventual consistency, exactly/at-most/at-least-once message semantics