As Customer Experience (CX) Engineer, you will be the primary technical contact to customers on behalf of Spire's maritime products. Successful candidates will have a good balance of experience with SaaS applications, APIs, and providing solutions to customers.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Own the customer journey. Execute product demos. Onboard our customers. Support them by responding to their questions and replicating their issues. Empower them to get answers quickly by maintaining and adding content to our knowledge base and developer portal.
- Survey and analyze our global maritime data to help sales and product teams reach out to potential customers.
- Identify and own critical product issues that impact customers and work with data services to resolve them.
- Raise desired feature requests from customers for future development.
Qualifications / Experience:
- 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing engineering or technical support role
- Working knowledge of REST APIs, TCP/IP and SaaS infrastructure
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Replicating and resolving customer issues
- Quality assurance testing of APIs
- Upholding best practices in customer messaging platforms (Intercom, ZenDesk, etc.)
- Experience writing scripts in Bash, Python, etc.
- Familiarity with SQL databases
- Familiarity with Big Data analytics platforms (Redshift, BigQuery, etc.)
- Writing knowledge base articles
- Knowledge of maritime domain processes is a plus
- Experience working with customers in the maritime domain is a plus
- Bachelor's degree or higher strongly preferred
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience with software automation that interacts with Google Cloud Platform and/or Amazon Web Services
- Working knowledge of the R programming language or similar statistical programming language
- Experience defining and publishing product metrics for company dashboards
- Visualizing data via common data visualization/business intelligence tools (Tableau, Qlikview, etc.)