Swift Navigation is looking for an outstanding software engineer in data infrastructure. You will work with a small team to push the state of the art in satellite navigation technology, making high accuracy positioning ubiquitous and easy to use across a wide variety of industries and applications in unmanned aerial vehicles, robotics, and autonomous transportation.
As a member of the automation team, you'll contribute to services shared broadly by Swift's R&D teams:
Expanding and Improving Testing Pipeline. We work with engineers throughout the company to improve testing for new features and improve efficiency and coverage of current tests. The test system produces gigabytes of data, which we analyze in our cloud infrastructure. We seek a smart, data-oriented person to help us manage and improve the system.
Hardware in the Loop Testing. We build and maintain custom hardware racks for running hardware in the loop (HITL) tests. You will be writing the code to improve the process of running tests and collecting the results.
Integration Infrastructure. Much of our current work involves rigorously demonstrating that our hardware product works as intended when leaving the lab for a variety of customer scenarios in real-world environments. You'll build and use automation frameworks and assemble instrumentation for hardware-in-the-loop testing, fault injection, and regression testing across these scenarios, as well as data analysis pipelines and metrics monitoring for test units under firmware and manufacturing validation.
Candidates should have skills and experience with:
- Application development in python
- Experience in concurrency, multithreading and synchronization
- Experience with database internals, database language theories, database design, SQL and database programming.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) and its related ecosystem (Docker, etc.) for application automation and monitoring
- Linux tools and scripting
- Version control tools / git
- 3-5 yrs relevant experience
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of:
- Haskell, or other typed functional programming languages
- Basic electronics and board level communication (SPI, I2C, etc)
- Automated test infrastructure design and implementation
- Dashboard design
- Data science experience
- Experience with RF systems, particularly GNSS
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status, or other defining characteristics.
Headquartered in San Francisco, close to public transportation we are well financed. Swift offers unlimited vacation days, competitive salary and benefits, 401(k), a casual office environment, frequent catered lunches, hackathons and tech talks aiding one's professional growth in all our employees. Come join us!