As the Technical Manager - Manufacturing Engineering, you’ll have the opportunity to define and develop the systems used to manufacture and test spacecraft. You will operate in a fast-paced project environment, you will lead a highly skilled team, ensuring that the right projects are delivered on time.
The Manufacturing Engineering team support rapid validation & implementation of product & process change and are the critical link between the Satellite Design and the Satellite Manufacturing groups. They are the SME's and escalation point for Manufacturing Issues.
Success is measured in ongoing cycle time, test coverage and quality improvements in the satellite build process.
The Technical Manager will be a hands-on leader of the team and be responsible for the development and tracking of all Manufacturing Engineering Project Plans and is accountable for project deliverables.
Candidates must have the following experience:
- Proven track record in the on-time delivery of hardware & software projects.
- Ability to manage a cross-functional technical team.
- Data-driven decision-making skills with a focus on quality.
- Ability to identify correct path to success within time constraints.
- Experience in implementing change in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of Lean Principals and DFX.
Daily activities will include:
- Project proposal, scheduling, and status tracking.
- Resource allocation for people and equipment.
- Prioritization of the team's tasks.
- Interface with other teams to determine test requirement and validation plans.
- Driving force for root cause analysis of manufacturing issues.
- Identification of opportunities for improvement
- Participation in hardware design reviews
- Peer code reviews.
- Maintaining team focus on project deliverables.
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Excellent people management skills
- Experience in a low volume/high complexity mfg environment.
- SW development experience (C+, Python).
- PCB CAD (Schematic Capture and Layout)
- RF and Digital circuit design and test development.