As a software engineer at Spire, you will operate as part of the ADS-B engineering team that iterates on hardware design and interfaces with the R&D, manufacturing, and operations teams to design, assemble, test and operates payloads on Spire’s satellites.
Ideal candidates will embrace the commercialization of nanosatellite systems and adapt to low-cost, fast-paced systems design, development, and implementation methodologies that set Spire apart from our competition. In this fast-paced environment, the design to launch cycle is measured in weeks and months, not years.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Design and implement satellite payload software on embedded Linux platform
- Be hands-on in laboratory and manufacturing environments during testing, integration, and qualification of flight systems
- Provide support and analysis for on-orbit operations of satellites
Qualifications / Experience:
- Extensive experience with C and C++: application SW, data manipulation, concurrency, etc.
- Extensive experience with build systems: Make, CMake, QMake, etc
- Experience with efficient and robust implementation of complex algorithms
- Software Design with memory, processor, and real-time constraints
- Test frameworks: Google Test, PyUnit, or similar
- Strong Linux skills: extensive CLI/scripting familiarity, drivers, etc.
- Scripting familiarity: Python, Bash, etc.
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Domain knowledge (ADS-B, RF, Space)
- Embedded OS (FreeRTOS, Yocto Embedded Linux)
- C or C++ development for embedded systems
- General hardware skills (EE, PCB, PSI)
- FPGA expertise (Verilog, VHDL)
- Data analysis and visualization