The Customer sits at the top of Spire’s technology stack and drives the priorities and focus across our organization. The sales team is on the front lines of building those relationships externally as well as communicating those requirements internally. We are looking for a seasoned sales professional to drive sales activity in the US Federal Government region under our VP and General Manager Government Solutions Team. It requires an autonomous self-starter who can also collaborate daily with marketing and product development and build connections across the whole Spire organization.
Candidates must have the following experience:
- You have a minimum of 5-8 years of experience in a business development and/or strategy role in the Department of Defense with a focus on Air Force.
- You have experience in government contracting and an understanding of government acquisition mechanisms.
- You live in the Washington DC area or have a willingness to travel to the area on a regular basis.
- You have excellent presentation and client management skills.
- You have an ability to drive initiatives from start to finish, working both alone and within team.
- You have experience working in a global organization.
- You have experience translating customer requirements to technical staff, and translating complex technical topics to customers.
- You are a highly collaborative team player who derives satisfaction from the success of the team.
- You will start with capabilities that are a few years ahead of us and you’ll have the intellectual horsepower, drive and mental flexibility to stay ahead of our quickly scaling needs.
- You have keen attention to detail and a track record executing on highly specific requirements; at the same time, you are able to maintain a broader perspective and understand the strategic landscape in which Spire operates.
- A security clearance is mandatory.
Strong candidates will also have:
- Demonstrated ability to generate and close deals autonomously, or know when to ask for help.
- Team player with long-term company growth in mind.
- Good listening skills – internally and externally.
- Highly ethical business practices.
- Desire to fight for great customer experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to sell constantly evolving products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will work directly for Spire’s VP and General Manager of US Federal to source, develop, and close a pipeline of business opportunities with the Department of Defense.
- You will support the management and growth of Spire’s existing business with Department of Defense customers.
- You will support the maintenance and development of partnerships with established and emerging industry players in the US Government market; you might also represent Spire at industry conferences and events and build a network that leads to new business opportunities.
- You will support and execute on efforts to bid on US Government contracts ranging from crafting Spire’s responses to RFPs and RFIs to conceptualizing and writing targeted white papers.
- You will play a key role in identifying and refining new business cases for Spire’s satellite platform, and understanding the unique requirements of government customers.
- You will conduct detailed research on current and new markets to help Spire strategically expand and deepen its customer footprint.
- You will be responsible for maintaining intelligence on the market, current and future partners, competitors, and technology trends, and using that knowledge-base to help guide and evolve Spire’s US government strategy.